Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to own the Bally Bomber?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the information.
    I have spoken with Mr. Bally on several occasions regarding his B-17 build. When I first discovered his project a year or two ago, I was blown away. I asked him if he ever thought about doing a P-38. That's when he told me how long he has been working on the B-17 which was pretty much a decade or two so no P-38 aspirations.. For the price Mr Bally is asking you could find a war bird/ military such as T-28. Mr. Bally is a very nice gentleman and was very kind in regards to my questions. He is an inspiration to us all and he is a master craftsman.
    I am seriously considering doing a P-38.

I love this airplane and have nothing but respect for anyone who could do this kind of work. Saying this. This dude is trippin if he believes he will get 1/4 of a million out of this. It is worth its weight in scrap. Anyone who builds anything today knows this. I have a friend building an award winning Onex. He knows it will be worth maybe 1/16th of what he has in it if he ever wants to sell it. He can ask whatever he wants. But getting that kind of cash. Well when cows fly. I cannot say when pigs fly. Someone posted a pic of one flying in the right seat on my FB page.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Well when cows fly. I cannot say when pigs fly. Someone posted a pic of one flying in the right seat on my FB page.
    Dear EAA Forum readers,

I don't know much about cows or pigs flying, but I do know that turkeys can fly(sort of).

Yours truly,

Les Nessmen
    WKRP, Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Dear EAA Forum readers,

I don't know much about cows or pigs flying, but I do know that turkeys can fly(sort of).

Yours truly,

Les Nessmen
    WKRP, Cincinnati

I remember that episode...lol..

Back to regular programming...lol

I saw this young gal depart KOSH the last day of Oshkosh ‘18. It was hard to reconcile the sight of a B-17 lumbering down the runway accompanied by the whine of four screaming Hirths. $275K is a nice retirement fund and there are plenty of people with that kind of disposable income who are EAA members.

A P-38 would be very very cool. Have you calculated what scale it would have to be? I am guessing 1/2 or maybe 60%