Thread: Solidworks dimensioning question

Solidworks dimensioning question

Hi, Does anyone know how to get vertical dimensions to look like that one I circled? Before anyone comments, I photoshopped that circled dimension to look like I wanted. Solidworks does it like the "X'd" out dimensions.
    I have tried changing the drafting standard from ANSI to all the others under document options. I've tried changing the extension offset to zero. I've tried centering the text under doc settings. That only works for horizontal dimensions, not vertical. Does anyone know? thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi Pull Up Now,
    Nice name - your mummy must be very proud of you.

Try this: Pick the dimension, then under the Leader tab pick Leader Style and check the Custom Text Box, and then choose the option Broken Leader, Horizontal Text

I think that will make your mummy even happier .

Have fun
    Jeffrey

hi,
    i do not totally understand what you want to change. if you would like to change the position of the dimension, then you can drag it, but it is not 100% clear what the difference between the X'd dimensions and the circled dimensions. i am happy to help but i do not totally understand the difference between the dimensions.

thanks,
    Christian L.

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Hi Christian,

I think Pull Up Now doesn't want the little piece of horizontal leader line in the dimension and he/she wants the decimal number to be centered directly above the vertical leader line. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

However, IMHO, there is no international drafting standard that defines the dimension to display that way. Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.

Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Meyer View Post
    Hi Christian,

I think Pull Up Now doesn't want the little piece of horizontal leader line in the dimension and he/she wants the decimal number to be centered directly above the vertical leader line. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

However, IMHO, there is no international drafting standard that defines the dimension to display that way. Again, correct me if I'm mistaken.

Jeffrey
    Jeffrey,
    After looking at it again, I think that that is what is desired. Pull Up Now, if that is what you want, then if I remember correctly, you can just drag the dimensions. I know that you can do that when editing a sketch, not sure about drawings, but would assume that it is the same, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Christian L.