Thread: Smallest tractor taildragger autogyro

Smallest tractor taildragger autogyro

Good day

how could an tractor taildragger autogyro look a like, a single seater that fits a 20’ freight container?

rgds Erkki

Quote Originally Posted by erkki67 View Post
    Good day

how could an tractor taildragger autogyro look a like, a single seater that fits a 20’ freight container?

rgds Erkki
    Here is one that comes close. www.littlewingsautogyro.com . It would fit a 20 foot container if you: (A) removed the rotor. or: (B) left the doors open at one end and built a roof and another door (to make the container four feet longer) Also, this aircraft is 8.5 feet tall, requiring one to remove the wheels and devise a cart or trolley to move it in and out. Alternate method: find a way to lean the rotor mast to the rear so it would fit.

Good luck. Bob

I just looked at the web site again. On the menu listing Builders photos, look at Toru Ito's aircraft. VW engine. He built an enclosed trailer that fits the aircraft with only one rotor blade removed.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dingley View Post
    this aircraft is 8.5 feet tall
    Hi Erkki,

There are also overheight containers, most common when I was at sea was 9'6" high external, don't know what that translates to internally. I do remember some taller ones but I didn't come across them too often.

Mark

Name:  D3AEE4C2-B5CB-4E64-A215-7ABC77B4686F.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  15.9 KB

Name:  904CA525-D4F1-43E0-9173-B2F74E68EA25.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  21.6 KB

Actually I had a design in my mind that comes close to one of those two gyros flown 60 years ago.

A bent Monotube design with an engine up in front, a similar weightshift control a fix horizontal stab with two fins and rudder.