Thread: Going To Santa Fe?

Going To Santa Fe?

I assume if you are an EAA member you are likely also an AOPA member,though that is more the general side of private aviation than the homebuilding side. They have a weekend coming up, Sept 14-15 in one of my favorite places to visit, Santa Fe, New Mexico. So if you are on the fence about going to a fly in with forums, displays and meetings, and social meal, give it a go. The town is great, the area is lovely, and the airport is nice to fly into, lots of runways, even Navy guys can land there and usually good weather. There is airline service right into town or drive from Albuquerque etc. Now the downside, it is expensive it knows it is charming and in demand and is priced accordingly, sort of the same price range as Osh during Airventure. If money is no object, the La Fonda Hotel on the plaza is one of my favorite in the world, its sort of like a hotel version of a fine restored DC3, old world charm with every convenience and I have been coming there since I was a child.
    A really good nearby place to visti it the science musuem at Los Alamos, 18 miles nw short drive or flight into a great runway. fascinating place, where genusis built the Bomb, glad they were on our side.. Taos, arty historic town and great ski are is 40 miles north.
    If you have to worry about bottled water being $3 this is not the place, but boy is it nice. And if you just won the lottery, they have a flight school where you can fly a real Mig or T-33 or if you want modern an L-39.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 09-03-2018 at 05:15 PM.

There is also a mountain flying course, that also serves as a BFR or if you prefer a FR, on Thursday the day before the meetings start.

The mountain flying course is offered by the New Mexico Pilots Association and is excellent.