Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fly Baby Made of aluminum like a Aerodrome WW-1 Replica?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    We're going far afield from the original thread, but my flight simming has dropped off quite a bit.

When the modders got their hands on IL-2: 1946, multiplayer just went down the toilet - I spent more time chasing down mods to ensure compatibility than I did flying!

I fire up Rise of Flight now and then, mostly to shoot touch and goes and fly around when the weather means bad real life flying. Oddly enough, the SPAD is a really good analogy for a 7AC Champ, and the Nieuport acts pretty much like my Nieuport (except I dodn't have to blip the engine).

Do me a big favor and leave a comment on my videos if you watch them; the only way they'll get better is if I know what I'm doing wrong.

[edit]

On travelling to Holden, MO, for the builder's assist - I did the math and the gas back and forth in the truck wasn't much more than shipping. Having a fuselage in the bed of the truck and all the spars and stuff strapped on top of it got me some odd looks all the way back from Alabama.

Also, I've seen the full scale version of the EIII when I was at Gardener a few years back - it's a large aircraft! Powered by a VW, of course.
    OK, getting back to the Airplane discussion, when I watch your video's I will comment on them. My youtube name will be my full real name. I'll like to stay with the Ultralight version so I won't have to deal with the FAA, and DARS...etc. I wonder if a guy made the full-scale version of the E-III with a VW engine, wouldn't his performance be about the same as an Ultralight version with a 40 HP engine?

Hope you made through the Hurricane OK.

Best regards,

RonK

I called Robert today and talked about the E-III Eindecker. If your 6'2" like I am, you can adjust the seat to fit your size when you make the airplane. I mentioned Frank Giger and the EAA Forum subject we got going. He remembers you, Frank.

If you buy the plane in the separate kits, ie...the rudder kit#1 for $125.00 you get the rudder parts and just the plans for the rudder, and the fuselage kit, you get all the fuselage parts and the plans for it....etc.

So if everything goes well for me I may get the E-III soon.

"
    I called Robert today and talked about the E-III Eindecker. If your 6'2" like I am, you can adjust the seat to fit your size when you make the airplane."

RonK, on the seat adjustment, is that for the 3/4 (ultralight) E-III or the full scale one ?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    "
    I called Robert today and talked about the E-III Eindecker. If your 6'2" like I am, you can adjust the seat to fit your size when you make the airplane."

RonK, on the seat adjustment, is that for the 3/4 (ultralight) E-III or the full scale one ?
    Bob

It's the 3/4 E-III. I didn't see a full-scale E-III or Frank G's Nieuport 11 either.

It's on the price sheet.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.