Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off airport parking Airventure week?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Is that lot S only for paid campers? Relemdats doubled the parking rate 2018, and who knows for 2019, that's why I am looking at options.
    A buddy of mine came up several days after I had the camper set up this year, and that's where he left his car while he stayed in my camper for most of the week. He didn't say how much it cost, or where he bought the permit, (I think at the campground registration,) but you can probably find out from the camping info on the Airventure website. That is the lot's purpose, for groups that travel separately and camp together, because only one vehicle is allowed per campsite. In fact I believe in the past it wasn't even named "Lot s" it was just "overflow parking."
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dclaxon View Post
    A buddy of mine came up several days after I had the camper set up this year, and that's where he left his car while he stayed in my camper for most of the week. He didn't say how much it cost, or where he bought the permit, (I think at the campground registration,) but you can probably find out from the camping info on the Airventure website. That is the lot's purpose, for groups that travel separately and camp together, because only one vehicle is allowed per campsite. In fact I believe in the past it wasn't even named "Lot s" it was just "overflow parking."
    Dave
    I didn't see anything about lot "S" on the camping website, other than Chapter group camping gives out vehicle permits.
    I know some volunteers get parking permits. I do Tech Counselor Forums as a presenter but was told presenters don't get parking permits....

There is a Park and Ride lot at the exit just south of the airport on 41 . My son was staying in a motel and I picked him up every day .

Not sure how he needed a Park and Ride if he had a motel space?
    Does a Park and Ride allow 24hr or weekly parking?
    Looking for a proper and designated and secure weekly parking. ((if it exists)
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 08-28-2018 at 04:42 PM.

"Not sure how he needed a Park and Ride if he had a motel space?"

I'll deduce that the son's motel was a substantial distance from Oshkosh and the Park and Ride is much closer?

His hotel was on the other side of the lake and he drove to and from the park and ride every day . Worked great .

I was looking for 24 hour parking.
    Public Park and Ride is usually daytime only, I think.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 08-28-2018 at 08:02 PM.

S lot parking costs the same as the other paid parking lots at Airventure. I know since we park there each year.

Hi Brian,
    Is the S lot for 24 hour or weekly parking?
    Thanks

Hi Bill,

I know if you do weekly then yes it's 24 hour parking since as mentioned above it's overflow parking for the campers. I'm not sure what happens with a daily pass meaning if you buy it on Monday at 7am can you stay until Tuesday at 7am. Normally we get a weekly pass since then we can come and go as we like. The times I've gotten a daily pass we didn't stay overnight so I never paid attention to when we had to vacate by.