Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Off airport parking Airventure week?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    939

    Off airport parking Airventure week?

    Hello, I might need to park my car for the week and take a local shuttle bus to Wittman airport. So I can camp with friends under the wing for the week. Any off airport 24hr long term parking lots for the week? Free or cheap.

    I don't think there is any on site 24hr parking but maybe there is?

  2. #2
    MEdwards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    314
    Check out parking at Appleton or Fond du Lac airports. Bus shuttles readily available.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Check out parking at Appleton or Fond du Lac airports. Bus shuttles readily available.

    Great idea. Appleton has weekly parking for $38, if the price doesn't change for Airventure week. https://atwairport.com/airport-info/parking-rates/ Not bad, but something closer might be more convenient if I need something from the car.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    292
    Check with Sleepy Hollow Campground. He has a parking lot in front of the campground, it's only 1/2 mile from the main gate.

  5. #5
    FlyingRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    NC26 (Catawba, NC)
    Posts
    2,016
    Relemdadts is just off the field by the Ultralight & diagonal road back gate. They have reasonable car parking and you can walk to the tram stop from there.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shiloh, IL
    Posts
    51
    Parking Lot S near Camp Scholler west gate is there for extra vehicles when camping.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by keen9 View Post
    Parking Lot S near Camp Scholler west gate is there for extra vehicles when camping.
    Is that lot S only for paid campers? Relemdats doubled the parking rate 2018, and who knows for 2019, that's why I am looking at options.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    939
    Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Check with Sleepy Hollow Campground. He has a parking lot in front of the campground, it's only 1/2 mile from the main gate.
    Week of Airventure car parking isn't listed here: http://www.sleepyhollowfarm.com/inde...ervations.html.

    My guess wouldn't be low cost.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Week of Airventure car parking isn't listed here: http://www.sleepyhollowfarm.com/inde...ervations.html.

    My guess wouldn't be low cost.

    I know he lets people park there. I help out in the campground all week, and the week before.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    939
    Thanks. I can check then and see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •