Thread: Building a Nieuport 28 in nine minutes....

Building a Nieuport 28 in nine minutes....

Incredible!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Big Grin

Cool! Though it makes me wonder- Whats taking you so long?

Really neat!

Awesome.

Banned
    Wish I could work that fast!

Even though it appears this guy did 99% of the project solo with very few and rare assists, I'll take the QuickBuild kit instead thanks.

Through liberal use of the pause/still frame button I see I'm not the only one who leaves so many fokkering tools all over the bench during a project that I end up working on stuff in my lap while sitting in a chair nearby (that and old back can only take so many minutes leaning over workbench anyway) .

At 4:23 someone just can't take it any longer and climbs into the cockpit and plays with the stick... looks like a tight fit with little kneeroom as legs go under panel.

At 5:59 and maybe a year into the build, the skinny wife/mistress makes her first serious appearance... and helps with the covering phase. Nice to have a big indoor swimming pool addition (in Luxembourg no less) to cover, dope, and paint the wings in... ballsy to not have a floor covering over the tile. Looks like at some point he screwed up something about three ribs in from the tip and spent a day or two on adjustment/repair/redo of one spot. Still, simply amazing discipline, performance and craftsmanship.... and film directing.

Wait till you see how they get the plane out of the house and into the truck for final assembly in airport hangar. I like the "big factory" technique of suspending the wing from the rafters, rolling the fuselage underneath it and lowering and attaching the wing. Again possibly necessitated by lack of helpers to lift and hold it while builder scurried about fastening struts.

Looks like one of those Australian Rotec 3600cc nine cylinder radials with checkered factory sales/support history.... but just the right appearance, sound, and power
    Now where the hell is some first flight video?
    Last edited by George Clymer; 11-23-2011 at 09:18 PM.