Thread: T-28 Down Anoka County ANE

T-28 Down Anoka County ANE

A T-28 Crashed today at Anoka County Airport in Blaine, MN. The Pilot was badly injured. Thoughts and Prayers go out to him and his family. Anyone with further updates please post. Thank you.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/2...laine-airport/" vintage aircraft was engulfed in flames Thursday morning after crashing on the runway at the Anoka County-Blaine Airport, authorities say.A 65-year-old man from Ham Lake was flying alone when he crashed around 11:05 a.m., Blaine Police Chief Brian Podany said.
    The pilot was airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center with serious but not life-threatening injuries, he said.
    Two passersby driving north of the airport jumped a chain-link fence to help the man amid the burning wreckage, Podany said.
    “We certainly may have had a different outcome if they hadn’t been there,” he said.
    The plane was a 1955 T-28B Trojan, a vintage military aircraft.
    Podany said the pilot had decades of flying experience.
    The aircraft was based at the Blaine airport and was approaching the airport from the southeast when it crashed for unknown reasons, Podany said.
    Charlie Smith, fire chief for Spring Lake, Blaine and Mounds View, said the fire was quickly extinguished.

All I know is what I've seen on the web with the photos and on the local news. I do know who the pilot is, I've met him a couple of times over the years.
    He fly's with some T-6 guys at local events in the area. I hope the best for him.

Name:  IMG_9749 (1024x683).jpg
Views: 687
Size:  72.3 KB