Thread: Honda Generator

Question Honda Generator

I know that Honda is present at both AirVenture and Sun-n-Fun every year. Is there a EAA member discount for the purchase of a Honda Generator? I quickly looked on the EAA website and didn't find anything. Even a small discount would be nice.

Thanks,
    Michael

It's a competitor/copy cat, but a buddy picked up the Harbor Freight "Predator" 2000 watt series generator for jobsite work and it is an under $500 gem. Yes, we were surprised too - lol

Randy, Thanks. I've actually heard the Honda/HarborFreight/Generac models. They are all quiet. Were the noise level differs is in the pitch of the engine noise. From my research, the Honda's use a bigger CC engine putting the pitch of the engine a little lower than the "others". I prefer the Honda pitch.......but price may win out if I can't find a "deal" on the Honda. 2x the price is hard to swallow, but hopefully some of the other EAA's can chime in.

==
    Michael....still looking.

I asked ~2 yrs ago and the Honda guy said the show price included an EAA discount, lol, and there was no shipping! There's plenty of copycat's they use the same technology Honda uses. The noise is proportional to load. They are quiet under low load and they get louder as load increases.

Honda has quietly changed their 2000 watt inverters to 2200 for the same price. But I have noticed several outlets still selling the 2000's for the same price, so don't be fooled.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org