One Candidate for office is literally above others. And that may be a play on words but its true. I don't know much about the lady, except the photo in the news today caught my eye, there she is waving from the back seat of a T-6, and with a big smile, she's either about to go for a flight or just back from one. I notice it says "Avenger Field" on the side of this plane and that is the airport in Sweetwater in West Texas where the WASP trained back in the WW II days. Its out SW of Abilene sort of in cactus country. Her name is Rashide Tlaibe, and she is a veteran. She's from Michigan.
So we probably vote for the best looking candidate if we are honest enough to admit it. And any lady in the seat of a T-6 looks good to me. Now if she owned the T-6 and would promise to give me a flight, I might even send her a donation. The news story doesnt work well on this computer so it doesnt tell me who the plane owner is or the details of when and where the flight was, but all humor aside, if we could take everyone in office or running for office for a flight, CAREFULLY AND SAFELY, it would be good for gen aviation.
A slightly related story, years ago when the elder George Bush was running for election they were at an airport in Louisiana and there was a nice Stearman there whose owner offered George a ride. The Secret Service of course objected and Bush reminded them who was boss. Bush had actually flown this very plane as a cadet in flight school. When they came back for a landing the owner was holding his hands up in the air to show he was not touching the controls on final and George made the landing himself. The old man has some spirit, as evidenced by his several parachute jumps in later years.