Aaron:

In the real world outside of the USA, certification and licensing is not only required, but mandatory in just about every aviation, construction, petroleum and automotive profession I can think of. In fact, in the mechanical trades once you attain journeyman status, you can challenge any other related mechanical trade examination without having to undergo another apprenticeship. In addition, if you attain a score over 80% you automatically get 'RED Seal' approval and your certification is valid in every province and territory. You don't have to apply for provincial status examination every time you move. As for Non Destructive Testing our certification meets ISO 9000 certification and is valid in every country in the world that recognizes ISO. Why do I know this - it is because I have all those certificates.

Not like American Society of Non Destructive Testing which is not recognized outside of the company that issued it unless it is level 3 - but even that is being questioned because it is ASNT certifying their own ASNT members - not like ours, which is an separate government agency.

The first line in your statement above makes sense by the fact that you probably don't have any professional certification - you might have taken a materials science course in college - for all I know.
Yes, I am making that assumption based on the fact you have not mentioned anything about certification other than a vague reference to some welding, materials and NDT knowledge.
There is also your demonstrated lack of knowledge about basic welding process, procedures, codes and specification - you know - all those things journeymen have to know and demonstrate every day.
So for you - ignorance really is bliss.
Have another blissful day.