My local airport FBO manager has stated in an email response to my question "Is there any prohibition to Ultralights / Powered Paragliders using the airport ?" ...

"The runway is public domain, not part of FBO. I discourage it due to a near miss some years ago.
I don’t believe an airport is required for such activities. (a cow pasture will work just as well). :-) "

I'm just getting into the FAR Par 103 Ultralight activities and look forward to taking lessons soon. The use of the local county airport would be mandatory for me to be able to fly. I do not own nor do I know of anyone who owns
sufficient land for a private grass strip.

It is my understanding (and seems to be supported by the FBO Mgr's response) that using the county airport cannot be prohibited. However, I really don't want to get started by becoming involved in a verbal contest of
legalities with anyone at the local airport.

#1 - Where do I locate "law" / "statutes" / "legal description" pertaining to the rights of ultralights using a local county airport ? (I want to know what "the law" says .. not just hearsay)

# 2 - What advice would you suggest how to approach the FBO Mgr to temper his view of ultralights and establish a mutually agreeable plan for everyone's safety ?

Thank you.