Thread: Butternut and 15th

Butternut and 15th

Name:  20180723_104512.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  97.4 KB

Anybody pass this way while at Airventure?

Bob

I was hoping the banjo player that stopped by every night to pick with us was on the forum. We were supposed to exchange info but when we loaded up to head home, we just forgot. His name was James and his camper was just beyond 15th. Great guy and a heck of a banjo player, he fit in real good with two guitars. H
    e had some good friends and family with him and invited us over to cook out and pick at their camper. Of course we accepted. It would be nice to get in touch with him and maybe meet up next year for some more pickin' !
    Bob

Looks like a good setup you had over there.
    I was at 28-1/2 and Elm.
    Name:  20180721_122448.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  97.9 KB

Yep, I think we got a lot more interest in the Apache camper than the $300,000 motor homes that surrounded us ! LOL ! We had a good spot to people watch, the U/L traffic came right over and we could see plenty of the air show, all while sitting in the shade of our awning. Looks like you had a good bit of privacy ! I'm going to look at the map to see where you were. Nice.
    Bob

What a great little camper, Bob. My wife and I have a Coleman camper which looks very similar to your Apache. It was imported into Australia in the mid-80s in knock-down form and assembled by an Australian RV company. It has been pretty-much all over the country. Easy to tow, relatively easy to set up and plenty of space for the two of us. I'd love to take it to Oshkosh but sadly, it is a little too difficult to get there from Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    What a great little camper, Bob. My wife and I have a Coleman camper which looks very similar to your Apache. It was imported into Australia in the mid-80s in knock-down form and assembled by an Australian RV company. It has been pretty-much all over the country. Easy to tow, relatively easy to set up and plenty of space for the two of us. I'd love to take it to Oshkosh but sadly, it is a little too difficult to get there from Australia.
    Yeah, getting it to Oshkosh would be a stretch ! My Apache is a 1975 Royal I bought last December mainly for Airventure because it's almost a thousand miles one way and I didn't want to pull a big camper. I like it because it is all hard side, no canvas ! Had a bad experience years ago with a canvas pop up. I was working on a construction job and lived in one for 3 weeks and it rained for a whole week. Even with a tarp over it, there was so much condensation everything inside was damp, sleeping bag, clothes, everything. So when I found out about the Apaches I started looking for one and luckily in a few months I found this one. It needed some work but it is serving it's purpose. Our Airventure trip this year was, 1974 miles round trip and pulling the camper the gas mileage was 14.7 and we were in the truck for 37 hrs. and 37 min. The Apache pulled great and hopefully I'll be pulling it again next year.
    Bob