Thread: Your oshkosh highlight ?

Your oshkosh highlight ?

What was the one thing that was a high point of Airventuere for you? It could be an airplane, a forum, riding on Randys tram a person you met or the latest techno gadget that you just had to have, I'd like to know, and wonder how much consensus there will be? Thanks

If you'd heard me grumbling about all the emphasis on military planes the last few years, you'd call me a hypocrite. But that B-1 departure was amazing!

Aside from that, the cooler weather, hanging out/camping with friends, and enjoying the week-long break from reality was all wonderful.
    Bryan

Houston

My ride on the1928 Port Clinton Ford TriMotor and as always the people - airplane folks are some of the best folks out there. Even the ones who didn't laugh at my crummy jokes - lol

Talking to two WWII veterans.

Old Glory Honor Flight reception was really touching.

I pulled a rivet for the One Week Wonder. It was the first time I ever had anything to do with building an airplane.

Airplane folk are indeed special. We camped next a nice gent visiting again from "down under". He left his rather fancy laptop behind at a forum. Went back sometime later and it was gone. Went to lost and found and it was there! He said there are not many places in the world where that would have happened.

A week of living, breathing, eating aviation with my son. Priceless...... But yes the B1 is amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

People, but out of the people this year, having four RV-9, real tail-dragging RV-9, flyers in one conversation was pretty cool.

MeEdwards, yours is a good one, I was planning on seeing the arrival of the veterans, but just got busy doing something else, I was down at the other end of the field I think. I wonder how the older guys held up after such a long day, starting at 5:30 departure? I think the airline is American, not sure, but Ill bet that is one flight where there is excellent customer service from the attendants and the pilots consider it an honor to fly them. I used to do some rides for vets, for free of course and some of them were memorable, my favorite being a British WAF pilot who described her favorite airplane she had ever delivered as a Griffon Spitfire which provided " a lovely kick in the ass " on takeoff. This from a little old lady with grey hair but still shining eye and spirit.