Thread: There Really Is A "Randy"

There Really Is A "Randy"

I looked for "Chicago Randy" last year at the trams , but no definite contact. so this year I made it a point to ask around and was told he wasnt on the red north tram , but to try the yellow one that goes south. So finally today I was on that tram going down to vintage and saw the narrator's name tag and I asked him and he said yes, he was the famous one of our forum. He was just at the stopping point and it was pretty busy so we didnt get to talk much but I introduced myself and was glad to put a face with a name. And yes he does look a bit like Santa Clause,but not that round.
    Most of the tram folks are pretty nice , seems like they like helping people which is why they volunteered for the position. There was one lady on the green line who was an exception. Some of they sure like to talk as if any quiet time is a challenge. Maybe they get paid by the word.

I also looked for Randy, but had to limit my wanderings due to some unexpected pain in the area of my kneed replacement. So, the few times I rode the trams I asked it they were Chicago Randy. No luck, especially from that one lady I asked ! Maybe next time.
    Bob

You will know right away when riding the "Randy" tram...
    and won't care if it is slow.

Thanks Bill, it was a pleasure to meet and greet with you. Sorry it wasn't longer but it seems my passenger interactions all take place in 30-45 second bites. lol

I view conducting as a way to interact, inform, educate and entertain our visitors. For about 20 years I was in a local theater group and for me and my 'style' there are several similarities between conducting and being on stage in a play. When I'm off duty I go quiet and rest but when I'm "on" I try to stay at peak 'performance' for those 6-8 hour runs. and give the folks all I can for my 'act'.

After 9 straight days of this performance I'm pretty beat and it takes a day or two to regroup but I would not trade the experience for the world. It toots my own horn but I AM featured at the start and end of the new EAA video on volunteering, and here's the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNFc0ToneGI

enjoy
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-30-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Thanks Bill, it was a pleasure to meet and greet with you. Sorry it wasn't longer but it seems my passenger interactions all take place in 30-45 second bites. lol

I view conducting as a way to interact, inform, educate and entertain our visitors. For about 20 years I was in a local theater group and for me and my 'style' there are several similarities between conducting and being on stage in a play. When I'm off duty I go quiet and rest but when I'm "on" I try to stay at peak 'performance' for those 6-8 hour runs. and give the folks all I can for my 'act'.

After 9 straight days of this performance I'm pretty beat and it takes a day or two to regroup but I would not trade the experience for the world. It toots my own horn but I AM featured at the start and end of the new EAA video on volunteering, and here's the proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNFc0ToneGI

enjoy