Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Oshkosh 2018: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I must share Floats' negative aura - lol - can't say I've been made to feel even remotely uncomfortable by any of the "as seen on TV" type product vendors. I vote with my feet and my wallet. A polite NO has more than sufficed to keep them at bay.

The only ones I enjoy interacting with are the ones that offer 'Pain Relief' protocols. I always let them know I got rid of all my pains 18 years ago - she now lives in Ohio with her new husband.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The only ones I enjoy interacting with are the ones that offer 'Pain Relief' protocols. I always let them know I got rid of all my pains 18 years ago - she now lives in Ohio with her new husband.
    Very funny, right on. If I wanted to be harrassed, I wouldn't come to Osh, I'd stay home!

I only had one guy approach me, he left his booth and headed straight for me. Guess I looked like a sucker! He was hawking rain gutter screen and I just happened to be interested in what he was selling so I followed him to his booth and checked out his product. Took about 5 minutes of my time. The one that gets my vote, and I'll never forget how helpful he was, was the guy in the I-Com booth. I told him I had an old I-Com AC-21, or is it CA-21, whatever, and I had lost the antenna and wondered if they still carried that part. He told me that I-Com hadn't changed the antenna mount in years and reached under the counter and pulled one out. I couldn't believe it, now I can listen while sitting at camp. Ok, now, how much do I owe you for this antique part? Nothing, what, I said, and he said, no charge. I tried to pay him something but he wouldn't hear of it. Wow, I'll never forget his generosity, but I don't remember his name. Sigh !
    Bob

A few years ago there was a guy selling those stupid "tens" units. I griped. They were throttled.

This was bad, but luckily everything turned out good!