Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2018: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Isn't TSA the reason for security fences at airports now ?? Observation points intended for the general public at airports are strongly discouraged by TSA as well. Can't have people watching airplanes......

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    I wonder what health hazards exist in inhaling all that air show smoke? Can't be 'good' for yer average lungs.
    That's a good point Randy. I was an extra in the Mel Gibson movie, The Patriot, and when they fanned smoke onto the set, we got extra pay. On the checks it was listed as, "Smoke Pay" ! Go figure.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Isn't TSA the reason for security fences at airports now ?? Observation points intended for the general public at airports are strongly discouraged by TSA as well. Can't have people watching airplanes......
    Nope. TSA had nothing to do with building fences. The reason fences went up was due to terrorists subverting our security and flying US airliners into buildings inside our borders killing thousands of citizens.

Smoke in the campground every evening was far worse than any cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    ...He died doing what he loved...

gonna kick the bucket anyway....might as well be while doing something you love. Better than a life full of regret.

Quote Originally Posted by streffpilot View Post
    gonna kick the bucket anyway....might as well be while doing something you love. Better than a life full of regret.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    My first visit to Oshkosh was 1984 and there was the clear and obvious presence of weed then.
    Do you really want to be exposed to weed at our Annual EAA Convention? I’m Pretty sure exposure to weed at a convention for pilots might not be the best when it comes time for your medical. Not to mention I had several kids in our group this year ranging in age from 5 to 14. It’s not 1984 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    Nope. TSA had nothing to do with building fences. The reason fences went up was due to terrorists subverting our security and flying US airliners into buildings inside our borders killing thousands of citizens.
    Really? And ten foot fences at Wittman Field solves what? There haven't been airliners (other than Airventure demos) there since long before 911.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Really? And ten foot fences at Wittman Field solves what? There haven't been airliners (other than Airventure demos) there since long before 911.
    Well, you know, those 9/11 hijackers stormed the fenceless major airfields and forcibly boarded the airliners, just like the pirates of old.

Oh, wait...