Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night airshow

Sure, we had one drunk in a large pickup truck who parked illegally in the middle of the taxiway (this is an emergency vehicle lane) and was belligerent about moving it until my wife went to call security to have it towed. Even then they didn't get it out of where it shouldn't have been but at least moved it over to the edge.

Then as the show ended and people were walking out, a fist fight broke out roughly in front of the Hangar Cafe between two other drunks. There were still sheriff/security cars there 45 mins later when I buttoned up the Vintage Flight Line office.

Apparently, this wasn't the only area of the grounds that had problems that night.

I can't ever remember such a thing happening before they started selling beer.

Ron,

I responded elsewhere that there was a similar to do outside of Warbird camping. Wife said police were still engaged at 4 am so it must have been a good one.

Everybody, regarding cancellation. At the pre-show pilot briefing for the Wednesday afternoon airshow, our weather brief was by a bona fide meteorologist. He assured us that the line of TRW would not move through until after midnight. Halfway through the afternoon airshow it became obvious that my wife's weather app was more accurate than the meteorologist. (However, he did tell us in the brief: "the word meteorologist comes from the Latin word "meteos"...which means liar.") I imagine, therefore, that they did not cancel earlier because their weather experts were telling them it would hold off. Anyway, when it started lightening all choices were over. Just my own speculation, however.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I see the company that did the night drone act had a problem at a show a few weeks before our Convention. https://abc7chicago.com/lawsuit-woma...-party/4039118
    I watched our night show on the web, and saw a few of the drones acting like a "left shark". I think some were brought down. At Oshkosh there was a lot of space between the people and the drones. I don't know the layout at Cesar's, but I would think it would be too tight to be using that type of newer technology.

I watched the night show in front of vintage. Didn't see the drones at all.
    I did see the drone show at Arlington Fly-in two weeks before Airventure.

From what they said in an interview on EAA Radio, each drone has a kill switch, as well as a mass kill switch that will drop all of them out of the sky at once, in case of things such as, an airplane in the flight area. I know during the Saturday show, at least one was dropped from the sky during their performance. The owner said that if there was an emergency in which all of the drones would be dropped, it would be a $90,000 loss for the operator.

I watched both airshows (Thurs and Sat) from Vintage. The drones were way off to the left. The show definitely needs work but at least it was novel.