View Poll Results: EAA should induct W. S. “Bud” Evans into the Homebuilders Hall of Fame.

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

19 100.00%
  • No, I disagree.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s induct Bud Evans into the EAA Homebuilders Hall of Fame!

Goggles Let’s induct Bud Evans into the EAA Homebuilders Hall of Fame!

EAA is honoring the 50th anniversary of the iconic Evans VP-1 Volksplane at Airventure 2018, but I was shocked to learn that W. S. “Bud” Evans is not in the EAA Homebuilders Hall of Fame!

With over 6,000 sets of plans sold, hundreds of Volksplanes built and flown all over the world, the two-seat VP-2, the magazine articles, and the EVANS LIGHTPLANE DESIGNER’S HANDBOOK, former Convair engineer Evans left a rich legacy for experimental aviation.

How many people sitting on the sidelines of homebuilt aviation have been inspired by the little VP-1 to say, “Hey, even I could build that!” and start building?

If you agree, please cast your vote here to encourage EAA to honor the memory of Bud Evans in this way.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Absolutely agree!

Now that Airventure 2018 has come to a close, I hope to hear from more members about this proposal. What do you think? Cheers, Matthew
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

I think it's a great idea and I would love to see some at Airventure 2019 !
    Bob

Agreed. He should be recognized.

While I appreciate the support so far, eight votes isn't exactly a movement. Please vote if you have not done so already!
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

Matthew, I just got singed up for the forum, and voted "yes". This is a great idea, and non-VP folks as well as VP'ers need to get behind this. I searched the EAA site for the homebuilder shirts with the VP-1 on it that were mentioned on the VP forum, but couldn't find them. I hope it wasn't available only at Airventure.

Steve H

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    Matthew, I just got singed up for the forum, and voted "yes". This is a great idea, and non-VP folks as well as VP'ers need to get behind this. I searched the EAA site for the homebuilder shirts with the VP-1 on it that were mentioned on the VP forum, but couldn't find them. I hope it wasn't available only at Airventure.
    Contact the store at EAA headquarters (the gift shop). EAA had a Fly Baby anniversary T-shirt they were selling at Airventure last year. When I came to Oshkosh a few weeks later, they still had a good selection of sizes available.

While it's good to get public support for adding Evans to the HOF, what's important is a good application to the committee. I'm not the right guy to write it, but will help to edit and polish.

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks, Ron, for your support. I actually submitted the nomination form (attached) and a bunch of PDFs of articles by Evans or about Volksplanes to EAA today. There isn't a specific e-mail address for Hall of Fame nominations, but I would encourage EAA members to send a message of support for Bud's nomination to membership@eaa.org, making sure to cite your member number, post to the EAA Facebook page, or just add your votes and comments to this thread. Cheers, Matthew
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info

Just voted Thumbs Up on Bud's induction!
    I really do hope to build one one day, Matthew
    -Ted