Hi all. I'll try to make it quick!

Arrived yesterday to AirVenture as we do every year. Drove around the museum going towards to the blue lot, only to see it get closed a few cars ahead of us. No big deal I thought, and proceeded to head around towards the green and orange lots. Traffic was really slow, and there seemed to be a LOT of confusion by both drivers and attendants. Finally got to the green lot, but it was full. I thought that was interesting. A while later we finally got to the orange lot, to find out that it is permit only! I asked where I needed to go, and the guy had no clue, and offered the museum.
Drove back around not knowing what else to do, and ended up parking off site near the blue lot (first time ever).

After looking now, both the green and orange lots are now permit only. The best I can see left is the grey lot. How do they plan on parking all of the people? It seems like to they took away half of the parking!

Half of my frustration is not looking ahead at potential changes to the parking (which maybe I should have), but the other half is the feeling that many events and airports are going backwards to an "us and you" mentality (meaning "us" important pilots and people, and "you", the rest). Airplanes behind caution tape at fly-ins, purchase-only EAA Aviators Club, and now this parking thing at AirVenture. It has me concerned.

I was wondering if anyone else feels the same? Or maybe I'm missing something? I have always admired the parking system at AirVenture, and it was something that I never ever worried about during the event. I hope that continues!

Ryan