Thread: Perplexing EAA Oshkosh Email

Banned

Perplexing EAA Oshkosh Email

Just a few moments ago I received an email from EAA with the subject line, "Important EAA Airventure Oshkosh Information Inside". At the top, in bold print, reads, "Have your membership card ready to show at the admission gate." This is in addition I presume to showing your wristband.

In all my many years of attending there has never been a request to show my membership card at the gate or anywhere else on the grounds for that matter. So I ask why? now. And what about non-members who would not have to comply with the same request? What's this all about?

Floats, I just got the same email. I believe they're talking ONLY about the main gate when you pick up your wristbands. Years ago when they first started the online ticket sales, the instructions said to present at "any admissions gate." So I tried to enter the gate just down from the bus park. They turned me away. Said that was an "entry" gate, but the only ADMISSIONS gates were in the N40 and main gate (may have also been at homebuilt, but can't recall that far back...).

Once you have the bands, you should be good for unfettered access.

Concur that I've never had to show it at the main gate to get bands, but then again both my wife and I always have our cards on our persons, so no factor for us.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

That's strange, I haven't received that e-mail. Guess I'll have to climb over the fence. ;-)

I've done it inebriated. It'll probably be easier sober.

Banned
    Could a EAA staffer please respond with clarity, thanks, much appreciated.

Banned
    Since a staffer didn't answer my inquiry from 5 days ago and since I went through the gate this morning, I am now completely qualified to answer my own question. I was NOT asked for my membership card when I exchanged my paper online ticket for the wristband at the booth or at the gate.