Thread: Chairs

Chairs

Hi, I will be attending for 4 days staying at the University, would you suggest its worth buying and carrying around a camping type chair to sit and watch the airshows? Or are there plenty of chairs or is it easier just to sit on he ground?

Thanks, Russ

I try to carry as little as possible. My small backpack holds raingear, camera, sun and bug screens, and a beverage or two. No 'public' chairs along the flight line, but there are some benches and plenty of grass. I've seen plenty of folks schlepping around all kinds of gear, but if you are going to be exploring the vast grounds, every ounce counts - lol

Amazon Prime Pouch Couch
    we use several for the family. Not heavy and can throw the pouch over your shoulder

Great advice thanks.

great option, weighs so little, it easily rides in my backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Those are great. You can buy the knock-offs on Amazon for ~$30. I have a pair of 'em and like them a lot.

https://www.amazon.com/KING-DO-WAY-P...g+do+way+chair

I just bought one of those lightweight chairs from Amazon, so we'll see how it goes next week. Very light, seems pretty comfortable.

i personally would not carry around a chair or anything bulky, unless you knew you were going to be sitting for hours watching the airshow, like an evening one. It may be a matter of personal taste, but I dont focus and sit for hours watching the show. Frankly, some of the show is not that enjoyable,often you have a noisy acro or jet act with an p r man/woman on the loudspeaker yelling how great and one of a kind the performer is. To me, that gets old fast, and really intrferes with my enjoyment. There are a few acts that are a novelty, like the guy with the wing suit that I want to see once, but so much of it is mostly noise. Much as I like Aeroshell, and I know 2 of the guys, I just cant stand that noise over and over. There are some things like all the B-25s that we may not see again or the 2 B-29s together.
    But there is so much to do at Airventure, more than just sit in one place, that I walk or ride and cover miles, from a Pioneer airport rides all the way down to the ultralights where I used to beg a demo flight, to the sea plane base to the museum and lots of forums. Some people have come for years and never even seen a forum! Some of them are just tryoig ot sell a product,but some are really interesting like the lady who flew to every state only only gen av planes. Im not doing my forum on Mountain Flying this year, just didnt get it computer ready yet, but we've enjoyed some of those and maybe even saved a few lives. There is so much to see and do and people to meet.
    I do know some folks who come early , camp in vintage and never get far from their portable blender. To each his own.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-20-2018 at 08:55 AM.

As always, I'm bringing a few sets of ear plugs for some of the jet fly-overs and that gol'darned Jack Links jet assist biplane. You could go deaf when that thing is in the air. Not fun. If you have kids along, be certain to bring at least those foam ear plugs for them, the sheer noise can be overwhelming.