Thread: How soon does N40 fill up?

How soon does N40 fill up?

My friends are trying to decide when to arrive in their Husky for under wing camping. 1st time flying in for them.

I have only driven in and stayed at Camp Scholler so I am not much help. I was planning to fly in Sunday 6pm or so.
    Is that too late? I'm in a home built.

They think they need to arrive Thursday to get a spot. I think that is a bit excessive but I could be wrong.

Any information would be appreciated.

Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've never parked/camped there myself, but riding the bus around the West end of 09-27, I'd say that Sunday AM there's still plenty of spaces; by Monday AM, it's pretty full. Depends all on the year and regional weather that might block inbound traffic for a day or two. If all directions are CAVU, I'd guess it would fill up faster.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I think historically Monday and Tuesday are the fullest days and the days with the highest risk for filling up, especially if the weather is bad on Saturday and Sunday. Your friends can arrive Sunday and be fine.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Last year it filled up the Sunday before the start in part due to lost parking space due to airport drainage construction. There is drainage construction this year also. Believe additional parking will be available far south but it will be a long, long taxi from 9/27.

Quote Originally Posted by C130jake View Post
    My friends are trying to decide when to arrive in their Husky for under wing camping. 1st time flying in for them.

I have only driven in and stayed at Camp Scholler so I am not much help. I was planning to fly in Sunday 6pm or so.
    Is that too late? I'm in a home built.

They think they need to arrive Thursday to get a spot. I think that is a bit excessive but I could be wrong.

Any information would be appreciated.

Jake

I have always arrived on Saturday afternoon and am generally about 5 rows back from the main bathrooms and adjacent to the tent restaurant by then. Sunday it is starting to go to the other side of the runway. I would think Thursday would get you closest to the registration building.

Rick

Check the Warbirds live webcam Wednesday, Thursday or Friday evening. It scans North 40. Just 4 airplanes now (Tuesday evening).

They got in Thursday morning and were front row.

Thanks everyone.