Thread: CGS Hawk

CGS Hawk

What is the state of the company, presently? Their website lists no dealers.

I have long wondered why the Hawk was not more popular vis-a-vis Challenger. The design seems at least as good, and it avoids issues like the yaw stability thing. (Not that the Ch is not a great plane - I've owned one and it is.)

After a nearly 10-year layoff I am thinking about flying again and looking at Hawks now. Just for something different.

Company has new owner from 2 or more years ago.

I understand he is shipping aircraft/kits but not into heavy promotion like Challenger was

good plane though.

Spoilerallert. I have not delt with new owner just spoke with him on phone and ask opinions of others.
    Last edited by jedi; 07-15-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Banned
    The company definitely exists, they have a booth at Ultralights with 2 aircraft. Don't know their status as I didn't stop to chat.

I talked with Terry Short at Oshkosh; he's the one who bought the company and moved it to Florida. Terry told me that he is handling the 2 seat versions of the Hawk while Bob Santom and his son LB Santom will be handling the single seat and ultra versions of the Hawk. Terry's website is the cgshawk.com site while the Santom's site will be cgshawk.net. I don't know for sure but I think they are both working out of the same facility.