I would suggest you all watch the video "Turn Smart" by ag and airshow pilot Wayne Handley. www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGuoc11lxY Turns out the reason one wing or the other stalls first in a turn is KNOWN, and Wayne demonstrates in his video. I usually stay out of these opinion/myth discussions because most people have their minds made up and don't want to be confused by the facts. However, in this case, it involves the lack of understanding of the need to KEEP THE BALL IN THE CENTER. Every flight instructor I've flown with (and the Airplane Flying Handbook) say it is because the airplane is more efficient when coordinated (which is true), but the real reason is because when ball is not centered, the airplane will roll when it is stalled - and often roll briskly (guess how you do a snap roll). If the ball is to the left, the airplane will roll right. If the ball is to the right, the airplane will roll left. Ball centered, the nose will drop essentially straight ahead (unless the airplane has rigging issues - but usually those cause minor wing drops compared to the ball being out of the middle).

Lack of understanding of the need to keep the ball centered is a major component of loss of control accidents. Obviously pilots aren't being taught correctly - and even more amazing to me, the ball isn't even a required instrument for VFR flight (which I guess indicates the FAA doesn't understand it's importance either). KEEP THE BALL IN THE CENTER!!!!

Warren