Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airventure Discount code

Once the cat was out of the bag, could anyone use the code to obtain a discount?

That was the claim on some other forums, that they were using the code to get a discount, even calling EAA to verify it was legit.

Regardless of the reasoning behind the discount, I don't see how it is appropriate to treat some dues paying members different than other dues paying members.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Admission is half-price for all members 70 years of age or older, but only if accompanied by their parents.

Ron Wanttaja
    Har, dee, har, har ! Actually, that was a good one !
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Admission is half-price for all members 70 years of age or older, but only if accompanied by their parents.

Ron Wanttaja
    Hey, if I don't get the discount, sonny, nobody gets the discount.

Eric, ever feel like no good deed goes unpunished?

The optimist sees the donut, the pessimist sees the hole. Keep up the good work.

For what’s its worth, I think it’s a decent idea, and the locals must put up a lot with all the shows and related disruption ( it’s not their choice ), would rather have them onside than turn into NIMBY’s ( as we have plenty of over here ) and then cause headaches for future plans.. plenty of other examples like Florida resident discounts, and I’m sure there are plenty of others ..
    2016 1st time Oshkosh visitor, 2017 was hopeful but just not to be..but see my 2016 and upcoming 2018 adventure on mikelynnweb.wordpress.com Celebrating the RAF100

I’m familiar with the concept having been a Florida resident and have absolutely no problem with it in general. What I object to is the magnitude of the discount. 50% is IMO ridiculous—that large of a discount should be reserved as a reward for sustained participation and not as an enticement to get a first time attendee through the gate.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello guys,

While we do understand the frustration some of you have expressed on this matter, this is a reminder to keep the conversation civil and respectful. A previous post was derogatory and disrespectful and has been deleted. Personal attacks and blatantly disrespectful remarks directed at other users will not be tolerated on these forums.

Thank you.

Sam

OK; I was ticked when I first saw the thread and checked out the link from the first post. I've volunteered every year since 2008 (and willingly say that's good for only about 12-16 hrs/year - nowhere near what some of you do...), and have *never* received a wristband. I've never pushed it; I've been blessed to be able to afford the annual weekly wristband, so I just chalk it up as a donation to EAA, which, in spite of it's warts, is still the best aviation organization out there.

When I stepped back from the discussion above, I thought that "at least they're *trying*...." I may not agree with the vehicle or method in which it was conveyed, but it shows that someone in there is thinking.

We also have to remember that EAA, for all it's name recognition, is not a Fortune 500 company with the deep pockets (or time!) to do focus groups or marketing studies that would support such a move. They tried, they failed (pretty embarrassingly!), and hopefully we'll try plan B in the future.

You'd think that *someone* in there should have raised their hand and asked, "What if the general members find out about this?"

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Well, I didn't know anything about a discount until I saw it on here. I also didn't get P/O'ed about it and yes, any discount would be nice. Hey, I save 5 bucks for being an EAA member ! My retirement is my SS and my wife, she's 15 years younger than me and still working so we manage. She doesn't want to come to AirVenture so my flying buddy and I make it our trip. At $120.00 for a week long wrist band and $108.00 each for 8 days of camping, (although we never stay the entire 8 days, my friend has to be back at work) it's not going to break the bank. For us, it's right at a 2000 mi. round trip, so throw in fuel, food, and a couple of nights in a motel, (one coming and one going) it adds up. OH, don't forget the beer ! But all in all, it's a pretty reasonable vacation, (adventure) and we get to enjoy it at a place that has as much as we can stand. And, we don't have to hear, "You're not wearing that are you" at any time ! I do wish my wife would attend with me just once for a few days but whatever. Anyway, I'm just glad the EAA exist and AirVenture is as good as it is and I thank all the volunteers and people that work to put this together every year. God Bless America !
    Bob