Thread: Spotting locations

Spotting locations

Hello all,

Getting very excited about this years show. I usually sit at a friend's hangar on the North end of the field. Was curious if there is anything on the east side across from show center to sit? Or even up and down 18/36 on the east side to sit and watch! Let me know, thanks!!

Luke

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bring a chair and plop down just about anywhere behind the burn line.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Bring a chair and plop down just about anywhere behind the burn line.
    Burn line? Are you talking about in the EAA grounds? I'm not....I'm asking if there is anywhere to sit on the east side of the airport(FVTC/Pierce)? Hope that makes sense. Thanks

On 9/27 you can sit up on the cocktail deck at the Hilton.
    Don't know of any good vantage points on the East side.

If they're landing on 36, you can go sit on County Road N and watch them go overhead.

Here is where I'm talking.....just curious if any areas over here are open for the show or do the businesses close down access?

Years and years ago....there used to be a city landfill east of 18/36 to view from. Now the OSH police have it block off.

That area to the east is shut down really tight. Only those affiliated with the businesses or homes in the area are allowed there. You’ll get run off pretty quickly by Oshkosh PD/Winnebago County.

Pay the admission price, bring a boonie hat, and enjoy Oshkosh on the grounds; there’s literally nothing else like it in the world.
    Last edited by RhinoIA; 07-13-2018 at 07:48 AM.