Thread: Can I shower in HBC if I am in GAC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can I shower in HBC if I am in GAC?

I tried to convince the EAA that I built my Grumman in my living room but they were all skeptical.
    They said I would have to camp in the N40 this year which is fine but last time I went to Airventure, I was in a RV-10 (sorry didn't mean to plane drop there)
    But I was in HBC and the accommodations were fantastic. I showered twice when I didn't even need to just because the showers and bathrooms are much nicer than what I have at my house.

Speaking to a friend yesterday and he said the N40 is a little bit more earthy with respect to maintaining hygiene and such.

Are we relegated to our own facilities or is one allowed to cross the barrier into another area perhaps under the guise of having a friend that fly's a homebuilt plane.
    Oops while visiting him, nature calls and so this person prances to the HBC restrooms/showers and handles things there?

I don't want to be halfway through a shower and someone comes in and sees I have the wrong color bracelet or something and gives me a piggyback ride back to the North 40.
    I don't mind being carried wet and naked on a guys back back to my side of the tracks, I just want to save others the visual.

So.....
    Any tips, truth to the difference in accommodations at the different areas or is it a non issue.

-Bryan with a Y

There are no shower police at Oshkosh. If you have a wrist band on, you can walk to the south end and shower if that's what you wanna do. Enjoy!

“Facilities” or “accommodations” are really different depending on where you camp. North 40 really isn’t bad, but usually crowded and often bereft of hot water unless you want to take care of things during the air show. If you are looking for “earthy” go to the warbirds showers, where the latrines are ports-johns and the showers decor is early Stone Age. (Most Warbirdians seem to reside in campers the size of a studio apartment and have no need of these facilities. For us tent campers, things are a bit different.). HBC is so nice I considered building a plane just to stay there. I understand that Vintage is also nice — or so the Vintage people tell me.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

As for as the warbird people not showering, you can shower there, I have done it, but it fits a fighter pilot size better than a transport guy. And when we are invited to attend a first class function with the clean fingernail folks, like the CAF party in the terminal, I always shower at the hotel.
    A side note, once years ago one the biggest EAA celebs was Jeana Yeager. On a hot day, I flew in the show, then serviced the fuel and oil, then we had a boating event on the great party boat that used to go around Lake Winnabego out of the Pioneer Inn. I didnt have time to go back to the hotel and shower, and my change of clothes was not much fresher than my nomex flight suit. So we are out on the boat and it is pretty full when a speedboat comes alongside and let's Jeanna on board. She needed a place to sit, I had a little room so she squeezed in beside me. She was all clean and fresh and feminine and smelled like a girl and I smelled like Phillips 25W-60. She was very polite and I had to think that most of the others werent any cleaner than me.
    Last edited by Sam Oleson; 07-12-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Hey, I've flown out to Neenah or Clintonville to take a decent shower in the past (both airports have nice showers in the FBO).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Hey, I've flown out to Neenah or Clintonville to take a decent shower in the past (both airports have nice showers in the FBO).
    Flying Ron!!!!!!
    You going? Hope to meet ya some day.

*If you are not the same flying Ron from the blue board, then... I mean, i still hope to meet ya but not with the same level of enthusiasm