Thread: Snake On A Plane

Snake On A Plane

Ok, this is not from the terrible B movie which was hokey, lots of snakes on a airliner, but still scary to watch if you hate snakes as much as I do.
    When I first came into EAA our division had a very colorful president who was the leader and a main contact with the FAA for EAA. He always did a businesslike and good job, but he was not a fan of the often illogical restrictions of the FAA. Privately he referred to them as "those snakes" and we got a laugh from that. So this story kind of reminds me those days.
    This is one of those things that are so crazy they've got to be true, no one would think to invent them.
    From the news yesterday, a man in Miami was going through TSA checkpoint prior to boarding a flight to Barbados. The inspector sensed something was not quite right about the man, and investigated further. When he opened the man's computer body, he found a live python hidden inside. How'd you like to be sitting next to that guy if he had made it onto the plane?
    P S Im not very good with computers, have never taken to them like younger folks. Perhaps I subconsciously fear there's a snake inside.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Banned
    Well, this isn't an urban legend, turns out it's totally true. Three days ago a TSA officer at Miami International found a PYTHON inside an external hard drive in the checked luggage of this passenger.

And now for something really scary. 2 weeks ago a 5 foot Boa Constrictor was found inside a rental car returned at Oakland Airport. AND IT DIDN'T BELONG TO THE CUSTOMER. Now that's scary s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    And now for something really scary. 2 weeks ago a 5 foot Boa Constrictor was found inside a rental car returned at Oakland Airport. AND IT DIDN'T BELONG TO THE CUSTOMER. Now that's scary s**t.
    Even scarier, the snake had been driving for Uber.

Ron "Got better ratings than I did" Wanttaja

If the python was small enough to fit inside an external hard drive it would not be harmful. If it crawled out, I would just bite it's head off and say, oh, was this yours ? Now a rattler, copperhead or water moccasin, no matter how small, can do some damage !
    Bob