Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 Days!

21 Days!

Gates open Monday 7/23/18 to the greatest aviation event in America.

In my mind I'm already there - lol - and I almost can't believe it's been a whole year since I last felt this way. AirVenture has a way of just growing on a person over the years.

Hope everyone who can attend, will attend and that all who are flying or driving in will have safe travels.

The one variable is always the weather, but as long as I bring attire for cold, hot, sunny, cloudy, rainy, windy and calm? All is well.
    Last edited by CHICAGORANDY; 07-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Man....I'm super excited!! Didn't realize it was this soon.......I need to get my back side in gear organizing my camping stuff........I'm planning on setting up camp the Friday before.

I need to get mine in gear and decide whether I'm going this year or not.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Got everything covered except the cold. I will do 100 hr on the Citabria, oil change, change plugs, take out rear seat and stick. Think I will sacrifice a chicken to the weather gods for good weather going up. I wlll be camping in Vintage Aircraft flying the world's ugliest Citabria.

Did the last of my prep today, now it's just a waiting game.

We're actually leaving OKC next Thursday evening for OSH in the motorhome. We make a 2 week vacation of it. My daughter will be flying the 150 up.

[QUOTE=CHICAGORANDY;71199]Gates open Monday 7/23/18 to the greatest aviation event in America.

In my mind I'm already there - lol - and I almost can't believe it's been a whole year since I last felt this way. AirVenture has a way of just growing on a person over the years.

Hope everyone who can attend, will attend and that all who are flying or driving in will have safe travels.

The one variable is always the weather, but as long as I bring attire for cold, hot, sunny, cloudy, rainy, windy and calm? All is well.[/QUOTE

I knew I couldn't make it last year so I started my count down on 5/20/17 and my plan is to depart S.C. on 7/21/18 to arrive on 7/22/18. It's only been 427 days ! Only 19 more to go before the ole Blue Ram heads North.

Name:  20180706_163500.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  97.0 KB

Let's hope it's not bust!

I'm flying in on Sunday and staying at the university. Will that bus be running from the field to the university on Sunday?