Thread: Streaming to a Roku Device

Streaming to a Roku Device

I'd like to be able to stream the www.eaavideo.org site to a Roku. I've tried using my Android phone's "cast" capability but that doesn't seem to work. What's the best way to stream the site to a Roku?

Michael

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

I don't have an Android, but the way it was explained to me (wanting to cast from Hulu on phone to Roku), I obtain a Chromecast device, get it running, then open the eaavideo (in this case) on my phone, but also have the Chromecast app running at the same time. The app sees the device, and automatically enables cast-ing.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Carl,

Yep, that's all I've found so far too. It used to be possible on the Roku devices. Not sure if it was Google (probably) or Roku,but for whatever reason they decided to remove that capability a few years ago. AOPA has a Roku channel, sure would be nice if the EAA would follow.

I've got a Chromecast in the garage (i.e. aircraft workshop) and the cast feature works wonderfully. Since I already have a Roku box on the main house TV, I'd rather not buy another video streaming device. I'm still searching for a way!

Michael

Ok, I'm trying an APP I got off the Google Play Store for casting video to a Roku. It has a built in Web-browser and it lets you add video to a queue for later view. Looks promising.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=castify.roku

=
    Michael