Thread: Solidworks 2018 install issues

Solidworks 2018 install issues

I downloaded solidworks 2018 and it won’t install...the installation appears to hand at 60% trying to install VBA7.1. I let the install run for 3 days to no avail.

I also tried disabled UAC, disabled anti virus and windows firewall and the install did the same thing. Any suggestions

Where is your download located when installing. Try copying the whole installation folder to your system drive (i.e., to C:\SOLIDWORKS 2018 SP02).

Cory...still no luck...I even downloaded the entire 10GB file that ga e me both SP2 and SP3 installation media. Started the install, verifies the licence and starts to instal VBA 7.1 and still no joy. I also have AutoCAD 2018 installed with inventor HSM. There is something wrong the the install which does not bode well for Solidworks. One additional note not sure if Windows 10 ver 1803 is causing problems as I had Solidworks 2017 running before I had to reinstall Windows and then the update to 1803 and I have no issue installing any other software.

I installed 2018 on a computer that had 2017 on it. I had to manually download all files, but it worked. I would try uninstalling VBA from your Add Remove program dialog and then download and install that from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=21028