Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scholler Improved Camping

> But as I see it, the tent camping area north of Camper Registration / Schuhart Ln has been offered up to the Gray Lot

well, dang-it!!!! That's a loss of 100 or more camping spots if not more. Last year parts of it were no generator bliss. That area is convenient to lots of things, especially to the north.

now the only non generator area is much further south and farther from everything.

grumble. Grumble, grumble. I guess I'm turning into a grumpy old man, but I’m bummed. Especially as camping last year was so overloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I'll be bringing my vintage pop up camper and maybe a generator, so, does that mean I can stay in the grey areas of the map ? Not the 24 hr. generator areas but the 8 am to 9 pm areas.
    Bob

Actually you can camp anywhere you want to camp unless it is roped off/already taken. The only spot you can't camp in is Audrey's Park. Generators may be used for electricity, but no engine-driven generators will be operated between the hours of 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (except in designated 24-hour use areas). All camping units in 24-hour auxiliary power area must be positioned perpendicular to fire lanes. Fire lanes are marked as burn lines in the grass or with signage. No tents are allowed in the 24-hour auxiliary power area.

One negative about the camping in an electric & water site is that campers must pay from the day they secure the site through the end of the show.

Cost: Camping (basic site): $27 per day (3 night minimum), Camping (electric & water): $65 per day
    Last edited by FlyinAdamBadger; 06-27-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAdamBadger View Post
    Generators may be used for electricity, but no engine-driven generators will be operated between the hours of 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. (except in designated 24-hour use areas).
    Ermm, that's not what the guidelines say. In fact they say exactly the opposite (https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pl...ler/guidelines, under 'Generators'):
    '- Generators may be used for electricity, but no engine-driven generators will be operated between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 6:30 a.m. (except in designated 24-hour use areas).'
    People who try to sleep at night actually appreciate those guidelines! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAdamBadger View Post
    One negative about the camping in an electric & water site is that campers must pay from the day they secure the site through the end of the show.
    That rule applies to all camp sites, not just the “improved” ones.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

There is no refund for the electric/water sites if you leave early. For the others you may get a refund as long as you meet the 3 day minimum. In each case they charge you from the day you register and get credentials through the end of the show.

Well I've got my camping pass for 8 days in Camp Scholler and my weekly admission pass. I would never disturbe anybody's sleep. I have sleep problems myself so I understand completely. 23 days and counting until we depart for Oshkosh from South Carolina.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    Well I've got my camping pass for 8 days in Camp Scholler and my weekly admission pass. I would never disturbe anybody's sleep. I have sleep problems myself so I understand completely. 23 days and counting until we depart for Oshkosh from South Carolina.
    Bob
    Safe travels! See you there!
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

When will the website go "live" to choose an improved campsite??

Just went "live".

why does the ticket site want to charge you $1,950 for a electric/ water site> that is crazy wrong what am I missing and it looks like there are a ton of available electric, water site left