Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scholler Improved Camping

Scholler Improved Camping

In an EAA press release, they talked about adding 117 new improved camp sites (electric/water) to the grounds. Anybody know in which direction they're propagating? The map on the AV site is still from 2017.

Thanks!
    Chris
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

I received an answer from EAA. While this is the 2017 map, the area outlined in red includes the new improved camping sites. They'll be updating the map for 2018 soon.

Name:  2018-06-26_15-43-32.jpg
Views: 3892
Size:  20.7 KB
    Germantown, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Chris In Marshfield View Post
    I received an answer from EAA. While this is the 2017 map, the area outlined in red includes the new improved camping sites. They'll be updating the map for 2018 soon.

Name:  2018-06-26_15-43-32.jpg
Views: 3892
Size:  20.7 KB
    UGH....they done took my tent spot.......Iritates me a good bit.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hey Chris,

To further elaborate on that map -- not all of the area within the red boundaries will be electric, but there are more sites added. Here's a screenshot of the current in-progress 2018 map.

Name:  Electric sites.jpg
Views: 2697
Size:  43.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Oleson View Post
    Hey Chris,

To further elaborate on that map -- not all of the area within the red boundaries will be electric, but there are more sites added. Here's a screenshot of the current in-progress 2018 map.

Name:  Electric sites.jpg
Views: 2697
Size:  43.9 KB
    Well Lookie there.....I done spoke too soon

Hopefully my spot is still open on the Friday before......

Thanks for clarifying. I realize that there's a growing demand for "glamping"

I hope that the rates for those sites are helping you quickly recover the costs of installing them. Still a bargain, in my eyes!

When I first started camping at Scholler, my crew and I used to camp down by 20th St. Each year the improved camping area has expanded, and we moved with the expansion. For the past several years we've tried to stay far enough away that we weren't affected by Manifest Destiny. So far, so good!
    Germantown, WI

In Camp Scholler they added a new well to provide additional water for shower buildings and campers, a new road to provide accessibility and 117 new electric sites. Here's the 2018 Camp Scholler map. https://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/ai...ler-map-v3.pdf. Does anyone know what's the street name for the new road?

I have no idea where the new road is. But as I see it, the tent camping area north of Camper Registration / Schuhart Ln has been offered up to the Gray Lot. Meaning all the people that used to stay there will now also have to find a spot in the ever-smaller areas reserved for regular tent camping. Meaning the trek to the showers/toilets off Elm/Stits will become longer and longer, while the area right next to them is taken by generator people, who typically bring their own showers/toilets (and bikes and mopeds etc). If I had a say, I'd put all the generator people in the area south of Cedar, but I'm only a regular tent guy (can hardly bring an 18-wheel road palace from across the Atlantic).
    Let's hope the XP-82 shows itself off perfectly this year. Then I only need the C-97 flying and I can lay off finding a tiny tent spot among all the 300 ft by 150 ft estates every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Janssens View Post
    I have no idea where the new road is. But as I see it, the tent camping area north of Camper Registration / Schuhart Ln has been offered up to the Gray Lot. Meaning all the people that used to stay there will now also have to find a spot in the ever-smaller areas reserved for regular tent camping. Meaning the trek to the showers/toilets off Elm/Stits will become longer and longer, while the area right next to them is taken by generator people, who typically bring their own showers/toilets (and bikes and mopeds etc). If I had a say, I'd put all the generator people in the area south of Cedar, but I'm only a regular tent guy.

I did have this same thought.......but then us tent guys don't supply as many pieces of green paper per night as the trailer palace guys do.

I'll be bringing my vintage pop up camper and maybe a generator, so, does that mean I can stay in the grey areas of the map ? Not the 24 hr. generator areas but the 8 am to 9 pm areas.
    Bob