Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Scholler Improved Camping

Does anyone know approximately what date that the electric sites were all booked? It would be nice to have an idea for next year as to how long you can wait (save money for time you're not actually there) as opposed to booking on 6/29 and paying for a month when you're only camping for a week..thx

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    Does anyone know approximately what date that the electric sites were all booked? It would be nice to have an idea for next year as to how long you can wait (save money for time you're not actually there) as opposed to booking on 6/29 and paying for a month when you're only camping for a week..thx
    I've never looked at the reservation site, because I've invested too much over the years in camping gear that doesn't need electricity, but apparently the site lists how many sites are remaining. A buddy went up a few years ago with his brother's motorhome, and he said they just checked every day until the number of sites left got small, then reserved. I believe he said that was about Tuesday or Wednesday before opening day. So the trick is to just check every day and do it when the number gets small. Of course, I have no doubt that as more campers figure this trick out, that day will get real early.
    Dave

I am told that as long as they keep selling out they plan to add a fair number each year. The "favorite tree" we always camped by was taken over this year by new electric water sites so we had to find another new spot. At almost $70 per night the electric and water are not that convenient for our tastes. We do just fine with a couple Honda 2000 watters, an extra water barrel and a honey wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    It seems to vary. Two years ago with less sites you could have waited until the Friday before. Both last year and this year, end of day Wednesday before was pretty much it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We camped in an improved site and left today, Tuesday after volunteering with cleanup. Had a great TIME. Still had electric and water today, a few days after AirAdventure. Anyone know when the EAA turns off the power and water after the event to the improved sites??

Another comment. Why did the EAA allow the vendor to increase the charge to dump the black and grey water tank from $30 last year to $45 this year. An EXCESSIVE increase that was NOT monitored? Would like the EAA to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Santic View Post
    Another comment. Why did the EAA allow the vendor to increase the charge to dump the black and grey water tank from $30 last year to $45 this year. An EXCESSIVE increase that was NOT monitored? Would like the EAA to respond.
    Allow? This is the organization that told a vendor to stop giving away free water. An increase means the EAA gets a bigger cut. No way would they put members over profits.