Thread: AEIO360 and CS prop Value?

AEIO360 and CS prop Value?

I have a AEIO360-A1A SN L-135-63A w/12 quart dry sump inverted oil system, two 500 hour chrome cylinders, compressions 78/78/70/70 and a Hartzell CS 2 Blade HCC2YK-4CF both are in excellent condition with 1400 hours since New. I have the complete logs on both. The plane suffered severe structural damage in a round loop but no prop strike. I'm trying to come up with a realistic value to make the decision to buy it back from the insurance company or just let it go. Its a starduster 2, obvious damage includes: Left gear damaged, broke the left lower wing ripped the tail wheel off and bent the fuselage. Im not interested in rebuilding it, just maybe parting or selling as a project for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrackday View Post
    I'm trying to come up with a realistic value to make the decision to buy it back from the insurance company
    The insurance adjuster usually knows pretty close to what it will bring at auction. Speak to the adjuster directly and ask if he will discuss a non-auction purchase of the salvage. I know somebody that has pretty good luck doing this.