Thread: A 2-Fold Question

Happy A 2-Fold Question

Hello All:

QUESTION #1. I want to create a website for our chapter (EAA 78) & I'm looking for suggestions. I'm currently running a free one via Google, but wish to move up.

QUESTION #2. I've always did our chapter newsletter via Microsoft Word 2016, then simply convert it to a .PDF file so I can email it to the members via "file attachment." My system crashed & I had to purchase a new computer (laptop), but I don't have Microsoft Word anymore. Can someone recommend another program for publishing newsletters?

Thank You for your time

Robert J Ferguson
    eaachapter78@gmail.com

I'd go ahead and splurge for a new copy of MS Word. You can get a home edition for $65 plus or minus. With a net download, and on line licensing, you'll be up and running in 30 minutes or so. There are free download word processor programs available, but you'll get what you pay for here.

Of course the EAA sponsors a web site you can use, but you have to use their tools, so most of the web sites go unmaintained. When I was doing chapter web stuff, I used the EAA web site to set a pointer to my own site that I maintained. It was easier for me than dealing with the tool set on the EAA sponsored site. But your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by cub builder; 06-26-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Thank you...

Some years ago I used Word for newsletters then got Publisher and would not go back. Publisher is $130 which is money well spent

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    Some years ago I used Word for newsletters then got Publisher and would not go back. Publisher is $130 which is money well spent
    Is Publisher made by MS?

Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Is Publisher made by MS?
    Yes, it is part of some versions of MS Office.

Publisher works for the newsletter. So does Libre Office.

For the web site... I maintained our chapter's site for a few years. Now it's passed to another maintainer. I built it with WordPress for the flexibility and ease of publishing and maintaining it. Unfortunately, no one seems to want to do anything that isn't on accursed bloody Facebook.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.