I just looked at the performers for the air show and this has to be the least impressive I have ever seen in my 20+ years of attending Oshkosh, welcome to the new EAA - “hey, let’s try to draw a younger crowd and will start with putting a band on stage (that 90% of the crowd could care less to see yet ever heard of) that they like then we will find a way to put all the collages in on spot for them etc.....
then I looked at the flyin theater shows and only one of any interest was going to play not that I care to go watch but come on EAA your trying to incourage people to show up but this is the best you can do???
the group your playing to has no interest in coming for a band or a school, those younger would have shown up without this junk because they already had an interest in aviation.
I use to feel like I could let a child go on their own at Oshkosh and they would be safe but in the last few years the crowd has changed and I no longer feel that way.
My father told me 30+ years ago that the middle age and older are the ones with the money and you should always play to them, just a thought EAA.
sorry if I offended anyone but this is just my humble opinion.