Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solidworks 2018

Yes, CAM is supposed to be in our version according to this website and confirmed by DS SolidWorks in a chat support: https://www.solidworks.com/product/solidworks-education (click on Compare Features; SDK became Standard Edition).

Email me if you have not received the download instructions.

If after attempting to activate CAM it fails, use this form to request help from SOLIDWORKS and if they respond to you, post a solution on these forums. Thanks!

https://www.solidworks.com/sw/educat..._req_form.html

Thanks Cory. Tried to download once again just now but still get the old page and form and no email after that.
    Dropped you an email at the address above. Thanks !

Thanks to Cory I now managed to get my license and installed SW2018. Unfortunately, from the looks of it, we do not get the CAM package as it requires a separate serial number and can not be added to the install (after install go to modify your installation and CAM is unchecked - existing serial does not work with it).
    :-(

I had SW 2017 installed. Now trying to activate SW 2018 (I think), and I get the msg 'serial number expired'. I think I downloaded SW 2018 quite a while ago. Do I need to go thru the whole sign up process again?

Note that I am an infrequent user of SW.

Thanks

edit/update: Reading some of the other posts, it seems I may need to uninstall SW 2017 prior to installing SW 2018. Is that correct? I do not have any old emails I may have received on this topic and the link in another thread to an EAA.org page does not work. I think it was supposed to have instructions on installing SW 2018.

Update #2: Using the instructions/link in post $6 of this thread. Uninstalled SW 2017 and starting the download process now. So far, so good. Suggest you read all the way thru the instructions before starting the process.
    Last edited by Kim; 08-20-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    Minnesota

It works best if you uninstall SOLIDWORKS 2017 first, but it is possible to update 2017 to 2018 and add the new serial number. Please email me to request instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by IdefixRC View Post
    Thanks to Cory I now managed to get my license and installed SW2018. Unfortunately, from the looks of it, we do not get the CAM package as it requires a separate serial number and can not be added to the install (after install go to modify your installation and CAM is unchecked - existing serial does not work with it).
    :-(
    We do get CAM. Email me and I will send you instructions on how to add the serial.