Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solidworks 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Solidworks 2018

Hi guys,

received an EAA email yesterday with the info that Solidworks 2018 is now available.

Code:
    SOLIDWORKS 2018 Now Available!
    EAA members can now download the 2018 version of SOLIDWORKS SDK EAA Maker Edition. The primary update is added support for onboard computer-aided manufacturing. For most manufacturing equipment this eliminates the need to run your files through a third-party CAM program before sending to production equipment like a CNC machine.

DS SolidWorks also solves the problem of our members not receiving their activation key via e-mail. Their website now generates the key and displays it on your web browser in addition to e-mailing it.
    As I really want to test the CAM module I went over to the download section right away to try and download it.
    From the looks of it, however, the page and download form has not changed and after filling it I did not get an email or another form of notification.

As the EAA newsletter also stated that the download was updated to show the license right away instead of sending an email I assume that the EAA webpage and download section was not updated yet.
    Can anyone confirm this (or am I doing something wrong ;-))

Thanks,
    Eric

I had the same issue yesterday when I tried downloading the 2018 Edition. I attempted again this morning with no luck.

Just did it today and it worked. However, I do not seem to get the option for cam to be displayed.

Thanks.
    I just tried it again, refreshed all pages but still get the old form and no email after hitting the button (both new request and renew) :-(
    Which link are you using? I get the same old pages both via https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-membe...ent-design-kit and https://www.eaa.org/solidworks

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar
    Maybe I'm just being a party pooper (again ), but I suspect the EAA/Student edition does not include the CAM module.

Hello Idefix,

i logged in to the Eaa website and then used http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/eaa-member...-software-form

Hello Jeffrey,

i am afraid you are right even that the “carrot” was hung by the e-mail Idefix referenced in his first post.

It said in the first paragraph that the primary part of the update is the “added support” for cam. I understood it as “cam included”. Below the portion of that EAA email.

SOLIDWORKS 2018 Now Available!
    EAA members can now download the 2018 version of SOLIDWORKS SDK EAA Maker Edition. The primary update is added support for onboard computer-aided manufacturing. For most manufacturing equipment this eliminates the need to run your files through a third-party CAM program before sending to production equipment like a CNC machine.
    Last edited by MGrass; 06-25-2018 at 05:35 PM.

I followed instructions and deleted my current copy in order to install the new version. I filled out the form and ... nothing. So a few days later I filled out the form again and... nothing. What's going on with this?

Av8r Sed,

Since it worked yesterday for me, I tried to go through the same steps again.

So I got to the form and hit the button “get Solidworks” and nothing happened. I guess thats everybody’s issue.

From what I remember from yesterday when it worked for me, I got another page with further links and instruction. I also got an email with the same instructions as well.

So, either I was just lucky that the eaa site worked yesterday or eaa is keeping somehow track if somebody already requested an access and will not process a second request.

I guess somebody from EAA has to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Meyer View Post
    Maybe I'm just being a party pooper (again ), but I suspect the EAA/Student edition does not include the CAM module.
    oh no :-( this would be so sad. The CAM module would provide real benefit.
    Fingers crossed that this has something to do with the general issues and the version downloaded by MGrass is not the final one.

Didn't you guys get the EAA Solidworks University announcement email which included the SW 2018 info?
    Link to the web version

SOLIDWORKS Support Volunteer Jeffrey Meyer's Avatar

Lightbulb

You guys are way ahead of me - No, I didn't get the mail about SW 2018 - maybe because I'm using a commercial version (so I'm not registered as one of the 7000 using the university edition).

And yes, I would certainly interpret "support for on-board computer-aided manufacturing" to mean that you do indeed have access to the CAM module. Probably all you need to do is activate it under Add-Ins. Activation is not 100% automatic - you still have to press the button.