Thread: Unwelcome warbird?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    I think the Albatross owner was mistaken or more likely feeding you a line, unless it was a case of running out of parking space rof the larger planes i warbirds. I think he probably had some grievance against warbird division of EAA. There are many planes that were legitimate types in former military useage, that dont have military paint,. There are some T-6s, some T-34s, and even a few Mustangs that had civilian paint, etc. On the other hand, puting a miltary paint scheme on a plane does not make it a warbird.
    I dont see why it is such a big issue for some people.
    WELCOMED WARBIRD

No we weren’t feeding Chris or Flying Ron a line....at least not on the WB parking. (Grin)

I don’t know if Chris’ posting here made a difference but the next time we talked with Warbirds we got a much more welcoming answer. We have no grievance with Warbirds and they have always been very helpful. We had hoped to arrive on Sunday but, as happens, we are now delayed and planning to arrive Thursday.

Come on over and see an ex-Navy HU-16C Albatross. We will be the big White and Blue airplane in a sea of Camo and polished aluminum. Come chat with us about out plan to recreate the first airborne crossing of the Atlantic next May. https://www.facebook.com/SeaplaneCrossings/

Ted

EAA
    Warbirds
    Vintage
    Last edited by TedK; 07-24-2018 at 04:21 PM.