Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When the WebCams ?

Working the trams on closing day is always a melancholy experience. I was on the yellow route yesterday starting at 8:00am. Every run through vintage meant fewer and fewer aircraft to be seen on the ground and a constant stream of take-offs. By mid-afternoon when I sadly signed off duty for the year to drive back to Chicago it was mighty lean with not a lot of folks coming through the gates.

Oh well, AirVenture 2019 opens in "only" 357 days and I can hardly wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Working the trams on closing day is always a melancholy experience. I was on the yellow route yesterday starting at 8:00am. Every run through vintage meant fewer and fewer aircraft to be seen on the ground and a constant stream of take-offs. By mid-afternoon when I sadly signed off duty for the year to drive back to Chicago it was mighty lean with not a lot of folks coming through the gates.

Oh well, AirVenture 2019 opens in "only" 357 days and I can hardly wait.
    I didn't ride the trams, but was looking for you to say hi Randy. I think I saw you once, but was too far away to say hi. Now that I saw you in the video, will definitely catch up next year. Thanks to you and all the volunteers. Job well done.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BRAVO Todd and everyone else that helped send us homebound EAA-ers a small taste of Oshkosh (I wont call it AirVenure, I wont, I wont!). Thank you!

Just watched the vintage tower/web cam come down. Going through serious withdrawal. Just 353 days to Oshkosh 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by lkorona View Post
    Just watched the vintage tower/web cam come down. Going through serious withdrawal. Just 353 days to Oshkosh 2019!
    Yea, was just checking and see all the towers/webcams are on their sides. Understand that withdrawal. Onward to OSH19. Thank you thank you to all the volunteers that make this happen!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I'm a little late with this photo.
    The 2018 Saturday 6:00 am Hot air balloon launch was a no go.
    Looking at some flags my hunch is.
    The reason they didn't launch, is not because the wind speed was to high.
    The reason was the wind was blowing east over lake Winne.
    They blew them up, then took them down.
    I count 10.

Source: Ultralight Web cam
    Name:  AirVenture  2018 Sat. Hot Air Ballons No-Go.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  68.1 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 08-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.