Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When the WebCams ?

The cameras resolution looks fantastic. Thanks to the volunteers that got them up. It's appreciated!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just got on, and the first thing I noticed was that the Vintage cam is streaming in 720p HD instead of maxxing out at 360p......awesome, guys!!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd, Can you tell us what are the "Several improvements" ?
    I'm not sure but I notice> Stream powered by CAMSTREAMER is this new?
    I'm showing 4 hours of saved stream on the player, is this correct?

Camera tour programming looks Great !

Vintage Cam looking North
    Attachment 7379

I could, but then I would have to shoot you.... Ha Ha....

When we replaced the Vintage Camera last year after the lightening strike, we were able to try the Camstreamer App on a trail license. This greatly simplified how we stream the video and along with the new camera compression allowed us to improve the quality while still on the DSL internet connection. So this year we purchased the licensing from Camstreamer and part of the deal was to add the Powered by Camstreamer to our webpages.

Because of the improved video quality on the Vintage camera from last year along with all the positive feedback EAA received from the viewers last year, we were also able to upgrade the cameras for the Warbird and Ultralight locations this year. While the Warbirds and Ultralight cameras are still on the DSL internet connection, these cameras also have the newer video compression technology, so there is some improvement in the clarity over last year. Once I am onsite latter this week, I will try to push the DSL connection a little harder to see if we can get a little more out of it, but currently with the need to be able to remote to the camera at the same time, we currently can't try and still be able to make adjustments remotely.

EAA has been working on improving the connectivity on the grounds over the last several years and they now have the better connection near the Vintage tower, that is why the quality is so much better on that location. They still have a long ways to go before they finish the project, and the Warbirds and Ultralight towers are a long ways from show center where they have been focusing their efforts currently.

Another additional stream for us this year is the Building of the One Week Wonder. Since 4 years ago when we streamed the building of the first plane, we have some new encoding equipment along with a better internet connection, so we expect better quality there as well.

A couple of our volunteers also purchased some new camera equipment that they use for the around the grounds footage. They are still using cellphone internet connections for their internet access, so the quality of those streams are still dependent on the quality of the cell connection. We always try to push the connection as hard as we can, but sometimes we just have to back off to keep the video streaming smooth.

Hope all can enjoy what we can currently provide.

Todd

I would love to see dedicated webcams just showing arrivals. Even cooler would be a webcam that could follow every plane on final approach and pan with it until it lands, then pan to the next one. I listen to ATC for the first 3 days just to hear the incredible Fisk approach process.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Todd, Thanks for the in depth "Several improvements" explanation.
    If I can here is a suggestion, keep the bandwidth priority on the three way tower cams.
    The one week wonder cam I believe doesn't have as many viewers as compared to the the way tower cams.

I noticed the Ultralight and Warbird cams, both don't have a Date & Time stamp on the lower right hand corner of the player.
    I understand you're still in tweak mode.
    No big deal just wanted to give you a FYI.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by lkorona View Post
    OMG the parking is getting full, I’ve got to leave tomorrow to get a spot!
    Happy Fly'n & Be Careful Out There!

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Who are dem guys ?
    Looks like someone is re-transmitting the EAA Live YouTube channel on to another YouTube channel.
    They also added Live ATC Audio along with a Live Air Traffic Radar Picture in Picture.
    Warning: Under the player, in the SHOW MORE area, the links look suspicious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owm8MrZ5qY4

If they are not related to EAA I'd give them the boot.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-20-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Who are dem guys ?
    Looks like someone is re-transmitting the EAA Live YouTube channel on to another YouTube channel.
    They also added Live ATC Audio along with a Live Air Traffic Radar Picture in Picture.
    Warning: Under the player, in the SHOW MORE area, the links look suspicious.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owm8MrZ5qY4

If they are not related to EAA I'd give them the boot.

Thanks for the heads up on this other video feed. It is not related to us and a copyright claim has been filed with youtube.

Todd

I am only able to get a static picture for Vintage, not moving and current, and nothing at all just black screen for warbirds or ultralight. It might be my computer, tho Ive used it in the past ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on this other video feed. It is not related to us and a copyright claim has been filed with youtube.
    Todd
    Looks like he is up again, unless he didn't get the papers served yet.

Same YouTube channel owner AJI DJI different link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GvHKTYZ7pc