Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When the WebCams ?

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Lightning Strike Caught on Vintage Web Cam 7/21/18 1:26:07 PM

Stay Safe Out there !

Name:  Lightning Strike EAA 2018 Vintage Cam.jpg
Views: 1469
Size:  94.8 KB

Man, I am loving the Vintage WayTower cam. Watching the mass arrivals on Sunday with the cam locked was/is fantastic!!!

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    man, i am loving the vintage waytower cam. Watching the mass arrivals on sunday with the cam locked was/is fantastic!!!
    b i n g o !
    Robert "Bob" Ferguson, EAA #1228198
    President/Flight Coordinator EAA 78
    EAA-The Spirit of Aviation
    Phone: 267.243.5198
    eaachapter78@gmail.com
    https://chapters.eaa.org/eaa78
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/eaachapter78/

You can always go from nice to mean.
    But you can NEVER go from mean to nice.
    BE KIND to ONE ANOTHER!

Just got back home from Oshkosh. Looking at the webcams (withdrawals) the question I have is: Why even bother with the Sunday airshow? NOBODY is there.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Just got back home from Oshkosh. Looking at the webcams (withdrawals) the question I have is: Why even bother with the Sunday airshow? NOBODY is there.
    I thought there was a pretty good turnout here today.

The problem becomes "Which day do you make the last day?"
    I believe in order to keep attendance up on the weekend, at one time they ended it Tuesday. Then they pushed it to Monday. Those were very quiet days. The first time they tried the night air show, it was only Saturday to try to keep members from leaving on Wed, or Thursday. Too many people explained how they had to fly back to work to start the next week, so the Wednesday show was added.

Do we start the event on Sun, and end it Saturday? There's already TitW and movie presentations that day, but will it hurt Saturday?

If the event was just a weekend air show, planning would be different, but our week long convention is quite unique

Actually, if you're there, the last day can be used quite productively. Vendors can be talked with. The museum isn't as crowded. You can take a helicopter or Tri-motor flight.
    Last edited by PaulDow; 07-29-2018 at 06:34 PM.

This is a good conversation, but I keep looking at the webcams. It is early Sunday evening and it is as depressing as all get out.

I was listening to EAA radio all week (which is highly entertaining, thank you) and even they said that the Saturday night airshow is essentially the closing ceremonies. I had enough vacation blocked to do Sunday, but by the number of empty spaces on the field even on Saturday, there seemed to be little reason.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!

For those of you who are Superstitious won't you join me

Around the time of the Sunday Air Show.
    I was wondering what happened to the live stream of the Sunday EAA AirVenture Daily Airshow.
    I thought maybe the cameraman that is on the Air Traffic Control tower was a no show.
    While waiting for the live stream to maybe go live, I was watching the Vintage cam.
    All of a sudden this little Beautiful Monarch Butterfly, flies in front the camera and heads west towards Theater in the Woods.
    A couple minutes later, the Sunday Air Show live stream starts working !!
    The live stream of the Sunday Airshow, was as Beautiful as that Monarch Butterfly.
    Maybe that little Beautiful Monarch Butterfly straightened out all the wrinkles.

Name:  AirVenture  2018 Monarch Butterfly.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  94.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ssteve1 View Post
    This is a good conversation, but I keep looking at the webcams. It is early Sunday evening and it is as depressing as all get out.
    Boy, I know that feeling well. Keep sitting here thinking how did that wondrous week fly by so fast (yea the answer is in there I guess).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk