Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the WebCams ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When the WebCams ?

Any guess.

They usually don't start running until about a week before the convention begins.
    They have to erect the towers, and then get the lifts to get the cameras set right.
    There isn't a whole lot going on this early anyway.

You might see perhaps five airplane campers on each webcam by Thursday, three days before first day.

Looking forward seeing them myself. It is so enjoyable watching everything take shape as we get closer to the start. I tried to talk Hal Bryan into cleaning the lens and leaving them up year round but I detected some resistance on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy View Post
    Any guess.
    Just to give you an update on the webcams. Paul and I are planning on installing the 3 webcams on the wayfinding towers this Wednesday and start testing the connections before the towers are raised in a couple of weeks.

Todd

Todd,

Let me be the first (this year) to say thanks for all your hard work. What you do, especially as a volunteer, is amazing - and truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Todd,

Let me be the first (this year) to say thanks for all your hard work. What you do, especially as a volunteer, is amazing - and truly appreciated.
    Sirota,

Thank you. We have a small group of volunteers here for the week to provide as much footage as we can during the week. The farthest our volunteers come from is a Father and Son team that drive up from Houston every year just to share what they enjoy doing.

We did get the 3 cameras installed today and were able to test 2 of them. The 3rd currently has a connection issue to the internet. We will be working on that yet this week.

We have several improvements that should be noticed by our viewers right away. It was with the help of our viewers providing positive feed back to EAA last year that helped us get these improvements.

We also will have an additional stream again this year of the One Week Wonder where they are going to be building an RV 12 during the show.

Todd

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    We have several improvements that should be noticed by our viewers right away. It was with the help of our viewers providing positive feed back to EAA last year that helped us get these improvements. Todd
    Todd, Can you tell us what are the "Several improvements" ?
    I'm not sure but I notice> Stream powered by CAMSTREAMER is this new?
    I'm showing 4 hours of saved stream on the player, is this correct?

Camera tour programming looks Great !

Vintage Cam looking North
    Name:  Vintage Cam Looking North.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  95.7 KB

Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-17-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Just got on, and the first thing I noticed was that the Vintage cam is streaming in 720p HD instead of maxxing out at 360p......awesome, guys!!!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Rosenow; 07-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd, Can you tell us what are the "Several improvements" ?
    I'm not sure but I notice> Stream powered by CAMSTREAMER is this new?
    I'm showing 4 hours of saved stream on the player, is this correct?

Camera tour programming looks Great !

Vintage Cam looking North
    Name:  Vintage Cam Looking North.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  95.7 KB

I could, but then I would have to shoot you.... Ha Ha....

When we replaced the Vintage Camera last year after the lightening strike, we were able to try the Camstreamer App on a trail license. This greatly simplified how we stream the video and along with the new camera compression allowed us to improve the quality while still on the DSL internet connection. So this year we purchased the licensing from Camstreamer and part of the deal was to add the Powered by Camstreamer to our webpages.

Because of the improved video quality on the Vintage camera from last year along with all the positive feedback EAA received from the viewers last year, we were also able to upgrade the cameras for the Warbird and Ultralight locations this year. While the Warbirds and Ultralight cameras are still on the DSL internet connection, these cameras also have the newer video compression technology, so there is some improvement in the clarity over last year. Once I am onsite latter this week, I will try to push the DSL connection a little harder to see if we can get a little more out of it, but currently with the need to be able to remote to the camera at the same time, we currently can't try and still be able to make adjustments remotely.

EAA has been working on improving the connectivity on the grounds over the last several years and they now have the better connection near the Vintage tower, that is why the quality is so much better on that location. They still have a long ways to go before they finish the project, and the Warbirds and Ultralight towers are a long ways from show center where they have been focusing their efforts currently.

Another additional stream for us this year is the Building of the One Week Wonder. Since 4 years ago when we streamed the building of the first plane, we have some new encoding equipment along with a better internet connection, so we expect better quality there as well.

A couple of our volunteers also purchased some new camera equipment that they use for the around the grounds footage. They are still using cellphone internet connections for their internet access, so the quality of those streams are still dependent on the quality of the cell connection. We always try to push the connection as hard as we can, but sometimes we just have to back off to keep the video streaming smooth.

Hope all can enjoy what we can currently provide.

Todd