Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When the WebCams ?

When the WebCams ?

Any guess.

They usually don't start running until about a week before the convention begins.
    They have to erect the towers, and then get the lifts to get the cameras set right.
    There isn't a whole lot going on this early anyway.

You might see perhaps five airplane campers on each webcam by Thursday, three days before first day.

Looking forward seeing them myself. It is so enjoyable watching everything take shape as we get closer to the start. I tried to talk Hal Bryan into cleaning the lens and leaving them up year round but I detected some resistance on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy View Post
    Any guess.
    Just to give you an update on the webcams. Paul and I are planning on installing the 3 webcams on the wayfinding towers this Wednesday and start testing the connections before the towers are raised in a couple of weeks.

Todd

Todd,

Let me be the first (this year) to say thanks for all your hard work. What you do, especially as a volunteer, is amazing - and truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Todd,

Let me be the first (this year) to say thanks for all your hard work. What you do, especially as a volunteer, is amazing - and truly appreciated.
    Sirota,

Thank you. We have a small group of volunteers here for the week to provide as much footage as we can during the week. The farthest our volunteers come from is a Father and Son team that drive up from Houston every year just to share what they enjoy doing.

We did get the 3 cameras installed today and were able to test 2 of them. The 3rd currently has a connection issue to the internet. We will be working on that yet this week.

We have several improvements that should be noticed by our viewers right away. It was with the help of our viewers providing positive feed back to EAA last year that helped us get these improvements.

We also will have an additional stream again this year of the One Week Wonder where they are going to be building an RV 12 during the show.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy View Post
    Any guess.
    Sneak Peak

Name:  2018-07-05 20.40.30.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  19.6 KB

Now you are teasing us. We love the webcams. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stummers View Post
    Now you are teasing us. We love the webcams. Thanks.

Wanted to provide an update on the webcams, sorry they are so late this year. We did have the cameras all installed and tested earlier in the month and towers were originally to be raised mid last week, but because of weather and other items beyond our control as volunteers they were not able to be able to raised. I am told it is rescheduled for the early part of this week, lets hope for good weather. As soon as they are raised we will get a few camera tour stops programmed into the new cameras and get them online.

Todd