Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Sport Pilot Academy

EAA Sport Pilot Academy

Hi All - I'm new to this forum but not EAA. Last year I attended the EAA Sport Pilot Academy in Oshkosh, but was not able to complete the certificate. I recently tried to access the web site, but got "File Not Found". Does anyone know if the SPA is still a go for 2018, or is it defunct?

Hey Dan! We will be running a Sport Pilot Academy session in the fall this year. We will be making an announcement about the schedule soon. I'll make sure you get the email when we send it out.
    Cheers!

Joe

Hey Joe -
    Good to hear from you! Hope all is going well. Thanks for your prompt response. I ran into the same old roadblocks when I returned home, so I'm still exploring options to get this done. Take care and stay in touch.

Dan

I'm new to the EAA. What is the Academy?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltedTailfeathers View Post
    Here's the link to the info on the EAA Website:

https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-...-pilot-academy

The dates for this year's sessions will be announced very soon.
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by SaltedTailfeathers View Post
    I attended a 3 week session last May and had an excellent experience. If your goal is to obtain a Sport Pilot Certificate, this could be your best opportunity. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYDAN View Post
    I attended a 3 week session last May and had an excellent experience. If your goal is to obtain a Sport Pilot Certificate, this could be your best opportunity. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Dan
    So Dan what is the total cost for a non-pilot to complete the Academy and will that include flying instruction also?

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    So Dan what is the total cost for a non-pilot to complete the Academy and will that include flying instruction also?
    Don't mean to step on Dan, but thought I would offer the following...

You can see all the info on the Sport Pilot Academy at the following web page:

Cost for the program is $9999.99, which includes room and board and all flight instruction. The applicant needs to provide their own transportation to and from Oshkosh. Also, the applicant needs to complete the sport pilot knowledge (written) test and procure their student pilot certificate before arriving at Oshkosh for the academy.

Let me know if you have any questions after reviewing the info on that web page.
    Cheers!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    Don't mean to step on Dan, but thought I would offer the following...

You can see all the info on the Sport Pilot Academy at the following web page:

Cost for the program is $9999.99, which includes room and board and all flight instruction. The applicant needs to provide their own transportation to and from Oshkosh. Also, the applicant needs to complete the sport pilot knowledge (written) test and procure their student pilot certificate before arriving at Oshkosh for the academy.

Let me know if you have any questions after reviewing the info on that web page.
    I checked out that web page and found no prices listed. You mean its just short of $10,000?

On that page near the bottom is this:

Join Us at the EAA Sport Pilot Academy The all inclusive program is available for a fixed price of $9,999*