Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AirVenture 2018 App

Sam,

im glad to hear that you’re looking at improvements to the app. There are plenty of gripes in the archives about the app since it came out, and they’ve persisted for years. As event apps go it continues to be pretty poor and not up to EAA standards. Syncing between the app and website, and between devices would be a great start. Planning your whole week on a phone screen is no fun.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by troy_m View Post
    Bill, I agree with you. I check the website ahead of time and use it to make up a schedule using the "pencil and paper" method, then check the website every day during Airventure for any updates. An app is not necessary for me, and I don't have a device that could run it any way.
    Yes, I have an 8"X11" card filled with my week schedule.
    I wish there was a place on the Airventure website to see new arrival news.
    They told me to check "social media". No way.
    I listen to EAA Radio. But they only give news at 6-7am or something and then it's interviews all day with nothing about the stuff on the field. They read off the forum schedule often but I already have that. The EAA radio announcer should be on the flight line calling out the live stuff (as they do it at Arlington Fly-In). Perhaps by breaking into interviews with live news from time to time or something.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 07-16-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Consider adding the chapter pancake breakfast to the food listing of the app. Sunday through Friday, 7am-11am, camp scholler chapters pavillion, $7

Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    Consider adding the chapter pancake breakfast to the food listing of the app. Sunday through Friday, 7am-11am, camp scholler chapters pavillion, $7
    Our chapter couldn't sustain itself, to few pilots and just not enough local interest. But as an EAA member I suppose I can eat at the chapters pavilion. I do love me some pancakes !
    Bob