After reading the "Now for something completely different" thread, I have not had any negative issues with EAA'ers being unfriendly, but I certainly don't understand why so many EAA chapters do fly-in breakfasts. How many people are actually going to be able to fly-in for a breakfast? It is too early to have time to pull out your plane and fly there. Our EAA Chapter 172 (near Augusta, Ga.) has our meetings the second Saturday during lunch time. People can actually fly-in from other areas for our meetings and enjoy a good lunch with us. I check the EAA Aviation Calendar of Events on a regular basis looking for places to go and new EAA'ers to meet. All the groups within 150 miles of me do breakfasts instead of lunch except for the EAA chapter at St. Simons. Unfortunately they have their lunches and meetings on Sunday. Since I attend church, I am not able to fly down there either.

I would love so much to pull out my old Cherokee and fly around to the various EAA chapters within an hour’s flight of KBXG and meet other fellow aviation enthusiasts.

So...why do they all have fly-in breakfasts? Do they really not want outsiders flying in?